As a business owner, you understand the crucial role technology plays in powering operations and supporting employees. However, without proper oversight, your valuable IT assets risk becoming inefficient or obsolete. To maximize returns on your investments, you need full visibility into hardware and software usage throughout their lifecycles. Why is IT asset management important?
What is IT Asset Management?
IT asset management (ITAM) refers to the processes used to track, optimize use of and protect a company’s technology resources. This includes tracking purchases, deployments and assignments. It also entails maintaining usage records and planning for upgrades or replacements. Through ITAM, you can preserve productivity levels while reducing expenses.
Why is IT Asset Management Important?
There are several key reasons why implementing an ITAM strategy is vital for any organization:
- Cost savings -Tight controls help curb unnecessary spending and catch overpayments. Budgets stay optimized as assets are efficiently utilized.
- Compliance – Detailed records satisfy audits and prove licenses and warranties are legitimate. Risk of non-compliance fines diminishes.
- Security: Configuration details improve vulnerability management and patch deployment. Accountability strengthens access controls.
- Optimization – Data drives smart repurposing and replacement plans. Resources are continuously right-sized to actual needs.
- Insights – Comprehensive usage metrics aid forecasting and procurement decisions. Dashboards spotlight opportunities to reduce waste.
The Value of ITAM
When implemented correctly, ITAM delivers profound value by administering the full lifecycle of every software, device and account under management. The right solution automates manual tasks for effortless governance.
Visit Teqtivity.com, Teqtivity’s official website and learn about their comprehensive platform to help users get control of their IT investments.